I've seen a couple other people that have done things like this, and they're kind of fun, so I figured that I'd do one, too. Also, since the gadget to take you to my stand-alone pages appears to be forever missing, I'll just have to put this here, instead. A fun fact before it starts, though, I wrote up this list instead of sleeping. I'm so smart. :)
- I was born in Phoenix, Arizona on October 6th, 1988
- I apparently had a death wish. At one point while living there, I drank an unspecified amount of rubbing alcohol for unknown reasons. It required me to have my stomach pumped. I am told that this was not a pleasant experience.
- At another point, I was launched off of my parents' bed during a game involving jumping from piece of furniture to piece of furniture. My head made intimate contact with the corner of my Dad's desk. The wound required several stitches.
- In my early years, I seem to have enjoyed covering myself - and everything else - in anything that I could get my hands on, be it spaghetti sauce, flour or peanut butter.
- I moved from Phoenix to Pickerington, Ohio sometime in my fourth year.
- I often have dreams involving our first house in Ohio. I was rather fond of that house
- I absolutely adored my 1st, 3rd and 4th grade teachers.
- I attended Kindergarten and 1st grade at Pickerington Elementary School.
- The rest of my elementary years were at Fairfield Elementary, an identical, yet vastly inferior school as far as I was concerned.
- I used to like Brussels Sprouts.
- I first learned about the theory of relativity during an assembly at Fairfield Elementary.
- I was also introduced to the song Feliz Navidad there... I will never forgive them.
- I was very into the idea of getting married when I was younger.
- I still am, actually. However, now it's more of a natural desire than it is adorable.
- Did I mention that I'm really into the idea of getting married? ;)
- My first real best friend was Eric Ratliff, who lived two doors down from my house on Wagram Road.
- That was my second house in Ohio.
- The construct that is currently Dakroth was originally conceived in 2nd or 3rd grade during recess.
- I gained the nickname "Heifer Hands" from Eric's sisters. The reason behind it is unimportant.
- I was baptized on my 8th birthday at the Columbus Ohio East Stake Center in 1996.
- I still hold that building in high esteem in my memory.
- It was about this time that I attempted the ill-fated mission of installing a Total Annihilation-style radar on my roof.
- Speaking of which, Total Annihilation is my all-time favorite game. No RTS to date has quite matched its awesomeness.
- I decided that Scouts was stupid when I was 11-ish.
- I reconsidered that notion once I was in the Deacons Quorum.
- The reason was that my Quorum adviser, Mike Hall, was the coolest guy ever.
- The only year I ever went to Scout Camp was while I lived in Ohio.
- The experience left me scarred with a deep resentment towards serious Scouting.
- I still feel that way, though to a much lesser degree.
- I was in a study hall in 7th grade when the planes struck the Towers on September 11th, 2001.
- I moved to Liberty, Missouri in late December, 2001.
- I met my next really good friend, Ammon, shortly after arriving.
- I was awarded my Tote 'n' Chit card three times, the last time while in Liberty, but was never actually given the card.
- This caused me much grief because of the doofuses who refused to allow me to use hatchets or axes on camp outs since I didn't physically have the card that they never gave me on me.
- I was falsely accused of plagiarism by my German teacher in 9th grade for using material that my Dad helped me come up with for an oral assignment.
- Okay, so the material was a bit farther ahead of where we were in class, but plagiarism? Seriously?
- The situation was rectified, but not at all how I would have liked it to have been.
- I was briefly concerned that I might be gay when I started taking a particular interest in one of my guy friends...
- Turns out that I was just very lonely and was obsessing over a type of relationship that I wanted to have.
- The first girl that I ever really fell for moved into the area while I was in 10th grade. Her name was Monica. I presume that it still is.
- That relationship self-destructed rather unfortunately after I made the horrible mistake of being passive-aggressive towards her in order to garner sympathy.
- I'm an idiot, I know.
- I would love to reestablish contact with her, but it appears that she isn't interested. How sad. :(
- I had my first experience of real kissing (over a period of a few weeks) when I was 15.
- There wasn't much about it that I found to be enjoyable...
- However, I still have faith that my next experience will be much more pleasant. :P
- My all-time favorite excessively long board game is Axis & Allies.
- I was enrolled in a Tae Kwon Do class for my 16th birthday. I absolutely loved it.
- I'm rather surprised that I've gotten this far so easily.
- I worked at Sonic for 8 months while I lived in Liberty
- I will never work fast food or any other food service again.
- I was in the Liberty High School Concert Choir in 11th grade. That was a lot of fun.
- I wish I had been more self-confident back then. I could have taken some of those solo parts and done such a better job at them...
- I also wouldn't have tolerated the crap that they pulled on me towards the end of the year.
- Although I didn't graduate from Liberty High School, I still consider myself a Blue Jay Alumnus.
- I graduated from Timberline High School in Boise, Idaho in 2007.
- I was only there for one semester.
- I was asked to Senior Prom. Mmm... Role reversal.
- It wasn't that spectacular an experience. The steak was good, though.
- I got really into Airsoft while in Boise.
- I spent a lot of time playing in organized Airsoft battles with other kids in the area.
- As a result, I spent a lot of time being really sick. Turns out I'm rather allergic to sagebrush.
- While on that subject, I managed to get shot in the eye by my brother Tobi during one of the matches.
- Quick eye lid reaction saved me from suffering a direct strike to the eye, but I was unable to see clearly - initially not at all - out of my right eye for about two weeks.
- In case you were wondering, taking a plastic BB to the eye from two yards hurts like a b****.
- I'm still extra prone to painful eye aches in that eye from fluorescent lighting.
- Fluorescent lights have always given me headaches, only now much more so.
- From the time that I graduated to July 2011, I essentially did absolutely nothing.
- The only exception was a two-semester stint at New Mexico Tech.
- I would eventually like to go back there.
- I also met my bestest lady friend, Sara, while at NMT. :D
- My favorite colors are red, blue and purple.
- It was only a few years ago that I realized that my first two favorite colors combine to make the third.
- That realization left me greatly astonished.
- I don't enjoy eating all that much. The only reason I eat these days is so that I don't die.
- I blame my stimulant meds for that.
- I would die for a bag of strawberry creme savers.
- Cinnamon Altoids are another vice of mine.
- I am a fan of the Battlefield series.
- I am one of the probably few Mormons you'll ever meet that does *NOT* want to go to BYU.
- The question is commonly posed, "Boxers of briefs?" My answer is: combo!
- If there was a gene therapy for stopping the growth of body hair, I would be all over that like a fat kid on a Twinkie.
- In other words, I hate hair. It's gross.
- I was once an Officer of the rank of Commander in Starfleet.
- I'm currently back to being a Lieutenant Commander, and that isn't likely to change.
- I have never been outside the USA.
- I have been to both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- I'm counting the Gulf of Mexico as the Atlantic Ocean, too.
- I drink Diet Dr. Pepper like its going out of style.
- I still don't understand how that expression is supposed to mean "like crazy."
- I have a serious interest in LFTR technology. (energyfromthorium.com)
- I have twelve toes.
- I'm just kidding. :P
- If I could, I would use an M-2 Bradley IFV as my primary vehicle.
- I like guns. Like, really like guns. Really.
- I also really like cuddling.
- I have an unfortunate shortage of opportunities to do so, however.
- That's one of the things that I would like to see changed the most.
- Oh, and I nearly forgot!! Favorite all-time TV show: Stargate SG-1!!!!! Woo!!!!
Hahaha, this was awesome dude!! Reminded me about a lot of things from our childhood, and very interesting to hear from your perspective! And ditto on Total Annihilation! (Mario Kart is up there for me though)
ReplyDeleteParallel parking a Bradley sounds like fun. You are a peculiar young man! Don't ever change.
ReplyDeleteI love the way your list items flowed together so it was almost more like reading a story. Also, there's so much I don't (didn't?) know about you! Also, I had to keep reminding myself that this was a blog list and not several Facebook status updates. I wanted to respond to or "like" several of them.
ReplyDelete