I was bored this morning, so I started a little project to see what the basic ratios for all of my monitor's resolution options were. I figured that there would be a couple general groups that each resolution setting would reduce down to. Well, THIS is the result of that curiosity. I have created an image comparing the sizes of all 18 screen resolutions under the assumption that all pixels are perfect squares and all the same size. Each resolution group is color coded and listed on the right. The specific resolutions are indicated at the top-right corner of each box. (Not that you can see them, really, with how tiny I have to make the picture on here.) Obviously, this is set up as if they were lined up back to front so that every setting had at least a part showing.
By the way, if you can't find the 683x384 box on there, that's because it is literally just 6 pixels longer than the 85x48. (1366 and 1360, respectively. Both are 768 pixels tall.) 6 pixels! What the heck?

No comments:
Post a Comment