Sunday, June 10, 2012

Writing Names

So, while sitting here on Sunday morning doing absolutely nothing - my body decided to kick me out of bed after only three hours... I blame the medicine - I began re-experimenting with my 1-to-1 coding translation of the English arabic system to my own made up one. Well, that got boring pretty fast. My characters don't flow as well. A number of them look a lot more like Ancient glyphs than modern letter or letter equivalents. Once I was sufficiently bored of writing out peoples' names in my system, I began writing them out in English, too. And here is the point to this post: I have noticed that I have a very distinct way of writing various names. 

My own name is always written in sub-caps and slightly italicized and sloppy, it is a slowed down version of my signature, after all. If I happen to like the person whose name I am writing or spend a good deal of time thinking about them (you all know who you are), they tend to come out neatly written, squared and centered. The rest tend to be my more typical fast and blocky text, considering most have no great meaning to me. (Yes, that does sound a little stranger than I wanted.)

I amuse myself greatly from time to time with the small random things that I notice. It's always nice when there's someone else to share it with who then can laugh at and with me about it. Like the chicken-related dinner I had last night tasting suddenly and inexplicably like corn on the cobb... That's you, Mari!! :)

One last thing, the greatest and stupidest thing I've ever said: "That's what was thinking in my head." Ah, cognitive dissonance and confusion created from lack of medicine... If it weren't for the headaches and mood swings, I'd love it. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment